LIBYAPROSPECT – Sabratha
The spokesperson of the Dignity Operation affiliated with General Khalifa Haftar, Ahmed Al-Mesmary, said, on Monday, that his forces are fighting against the battalions affiliated with the Government of National Accord (GNA) in the city of Sabratha.
It is the first that Haftar’s forces announced that they were fighting since the beginning of the clashes three weeks ago. According to Al-Mesmary, the battalion that fights under the leadership of Haftar in Sabratha is a Salafist group affiliated with the Operation Chamber in Sabratha.
It is worth mentioning that the Operation Chamber to fight Daesh is originally under the leadership of the GNA, which is confusing the scene.
Al-Mesmary said, on Tweeter, that the clashes are continued until his forces “defeat Daesh,” according to his Tweet.
Observers stated that Haftar is violating the agreement of ceasefire that was signed in Paris between him and the head of the Presidential Council (PC) of the GNA, Fayez Al-Sarraj.
Moreover, Haftar’s forces are fighting the battalion that affiliated with the GNA.
Last Friday, the Health Ministry of the GNA announced that 26 killed and 170 wounded in the clashes. The PC called for a cease-fire.
In a related context, Haftar visited Rome, last week, and asked the European leaders to provide him drones to monitor the southern borders of Libya to fight the illegal immigration.
Haftar proposed that he is to stop the drifts of illegal migration if the Europeans support him.