Home Reports Al-Mesmary: We won’t surrender Al-Werfalli to ICC

Al-Mesmary: We won’t surrender Al-Werfalli to ICC

247
0
SHARE
Internet

LIBYAPROSPECT – Benghazi

The spokesperson of the Dignity Operation, Ahmed Al-Mesmary, said in a press release, on Wednesday, that his headquarter under the leadership of General Khalifa Haftar will not hand over Major Mahmud Al-Werfalli to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Al-Mesmary stated that Al-Werfalli is under investigation according to the military law, stressing that they will not hand over any Libyan to the ICC only if he is accused of carrying out international crimes. He added that it is not allowed to talk about Al-Werfalli’s issue in the media only with the permission of the military prosecutor.

Al-Mesmary called the International Community to follow the terrorist financiers, pointing that the International Community is not dealing fairly with the Libyan issues.

Al-Mesmary said that Al-Werfalli would stay under investigation to find out if the accusations of the ICC against Al-Werfalli are true or not. He added that Al-Werfalli is under arrest since 2/August/2017.

It is worth mentioning that the ICC issued, about tens ago, an arrest warrant against Al-Werfalli, because of his war crimes.

Al-Werfalli killed tens of prisoners without trial in Benghazi. He is led by the commander of Commandos Forces, Wanis Bu-Khamada, affiliated with the Dignity Operation under the leadership of General Khalifa Haftar.

In the same context, the United Nations called, last month, Haftar’s forces to start investigations on the executions without court.

Furthermore, the UN Human Rights spokesperson, Liz Throssell, said, last month, that “we are deeply concerned that, after recent fighting in Benghazi, people taken prisoner by members of the Libyan National Army, which controls eastern Libya, may be at imminent risk of torture and even summary execution.”