Home Reports Operation “Dignity” attacks the farm of Al-Barasi

Operation “Dignity” attacks the farm of Al-Barasi

820
0
SHARE
Internet

LIBYAPROSPECT – Al-Baida

A group affiliated with the Operation “Dignity” had stormed in a farm of Colonel Faraj Al-Barasi, on Monday early morning, in Al-Waseta area, 10 Km north Al-Baida city.

Al-Barasi defected last year from the army of the House of Representatives (HoR) that led by General Khalifa Haftar.

The storming operation was led by Ahmed Gharour and Saddam, the son of Haftar, after cutting the Libyana and Al-Madar mobile networks to ease abducting Al-Barasi, who wasn’t there at the time of the operation.

Sources told LIBYAPROSPECT that there was a resistance against the group led by Idris Al-Barasi, who then abducted by the group.

It is worth mentioning that there was a conflict between Colonel Faraj Al-Barasi at the end of 2014, which then caused the isolation of Al-Barasi from Haftar’s army. LIBYAPROSPECT interviewed Al-Barasi last year, who said that “I found out that we made Haftar as a new Tyrant, and this is what made me withdraw from Benghazi.”

In the interview, Al-Barasi said that “when I joined Haftar, I believed that the goal was to rebuild the army to form a force to fight terrorism; but later, I found out that Haftar’s goal was to take the control for himself as the leader. The other big mistake was putting all groups we fought in one basket; so, I began to declare in media that I discovered that we are making a new tyrant represented in the personality of Haftar. An argument happened between us about that, in addition to the impact he had on tribes. Consequently, I had to pull out from Benghazi, Haftar’s spectrum was strong at that point, which forced me to withdraw.”

Al-Barasi joined Dignity Operation from its first days in 2014 because he was supporting Haftar. His cousin, Lutfi Abo-Gweten, persuaded him to join Haftar. Al-Barasi worked was with Haftar in the war against Chad in 1980s, when he disagreed with him. After that Al-Barasi returned to Tripoli because Haftar expelled him. And when he arrived in Tripoli to find his name on a list to be arrested, but then Haftar lost the war in Chad, and Gaddafi’s army canceled the arrest of Al-Barasi.

Al-Barasi joined Dignity Operation under the leadership of Haftar because Abo-Gweten told him that there were groups of terrorists in Benghazi and carried the black flags of Daesh.

After Al-Barasi had defected from Dignity Operation, he went to his city “Al-Baida” and was protected by his tribe.

It essential mentioning that Some official Egyptian media had circulated, last September, news accusing the Qatari intelligence services of preparing a list of Libyan army officers to be assassinated by the hands of Libyan officials and politicians.

The Egyptian website “Al-Youm 7” published that the former head of The Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), Abdul-Hakim Belhaj, his former deputy, Khaled Al-Shareef, and the head of Libyan Intelligent Services, Mustafa Nooh, prepared the mentioned list.

It is worth mentioning that the LIFG does not exist anymore and its former leader, Belhaj, is a civic activist since more than five years ago. Belhaj is also one of the principal participants in the Libyan dialogues.

It is also significant to say that Al-Shareef is one of the leading officers who is working as a security officer in Tripoli and participated in dialogues to bring Libyan factions together away from violence.

The Egyptian media tried to involve Qatar and Turkey by saying that they are working to raise sedition between Haftar and the people of Barqa (Cyrenaica) by assassinating prominent military personalities.

The observers stated that the Egyptian intelligence services leaks came after Haftar tended to exclude some military figures that have tribal influence, such as Faraj Al-Barasy, Abdul-Jawad Al-Badeen, Khaled Bu-Lagheeb, El-Mahdi El-Barghathi, and others.

The observers think that Haftar is trying to get rid of mentioned officials and others to enable himself to rule Barqa with no opposition from inside the tribes.

Another close source, who wanted to keep anonymous, said that the Egyptian Intelligence Services had leaked fabricated reports to accuse Turkey and Qatar of preparing the list.

The same source added that the Egyptian Intelligence Services wanted to use the false reports as a cover to let Haftar carry out a full and significant assassinations operation, then to accuse Qatar and Turkey.

The report said that if the operations of assassinations are failed, then the listed officers would be attacked on media that supports Haftar. The report published some of the names of the listed personalities, who are nearly 30 officials.

The list included Ibrahim and Salem Jadhran, Abu-Bakr Buera, Bashir Bu-Dhafeera, Zeyad Dughaim, Fathi El-Majbari, Omar Tantoush, El-Ajmi Al-Ateri, Khaled Bu-Lagheeb, El-Mahdi El-Barghathi, Wanis Bu-Khamada, and others.

The story of assassinations and abductions started in Benghazi in the summer of 2013 and increased in 2014.

The assassinations carried out against even civilian activists, such as the human rights activist, Salwa Abo-Gegies, and the journalist, Muftah Abo-Zaid, in Benghazi, in 2014.