By: Obaid Al-Ragig*
After long talks between the 2 rivals controlling the Libyan scene today; the General National Congress (GNC) and the House of
Representatives (HoR), and their supporters, the political agreement was born, producing the Government of National Accord “fait accompli” resulted from it. Despite the lack of real representation of Libyans in these talks, satisfaction with this government is mandatory due to the crisis and the existence of 2 rival governments in the east and the west and its catastrophic results.
Ingathering the pieces of the Libyan situation is a must to achieve the country’s unity and save the future of Libyans that was messed up by corrupts who stole public money and damaged institutions. So, those who oppose the “fait accompli government” don’t sense the danger of the Libyan situation, or recognize the threat to Libya’s people and institution in the shadows of its division between east and west. There is no logic explanation for opponents; they keep the interests of the minority that benefits from the chaos of the current situation regardless of the increasing suffer of Libyans.
Given these challenges, all sincere should support this government and guide it for the benefit of Libyans to cut off the road to politics traders and religion priesthoods. They should all contribute to draw an urgent road map for the government that includes fulfilling the urgent and key needs of Libyans in this critical time. Proper atmosphere should be provided for the government to do its work as soon as possible. The government should work on the following priorities and tasks:
- Activating the security institutions (army and police) using the international support and giving the required support to ease its tasks including monopolizing weapons possession to the state and the disarmament and dismantling of armed groups.
- Activating the amnesty law and releasing all civilian and military detainees while maintain the right of trial until state is installed and constitution and judiciary institution are activated.
- Relocating all the displaced inside and abroad in their homes, as soon as possible, while providing guarantees for doing so.
- The immediate reconstruction of cities and affected areas and compensating damages that happened in war.
- Finishing the inclusive national reconciliation and starting with areas and tribes of conflict then moving to individual cases.
- Starting inclusive social talks to prepare for an inclusive national pact that is binding for all and is a stream to the constitution.
- Putting the required plans for the inclusive long term economic, social and political reconstruction, which Libya needs later on.
*A Libyan Writer
Translated By LIBYAPROSPECT: Source