The Deputy Prime Minister of the newly appointed Government of National Accord (GNA), Ahmed Mitig, excluded fears of another conflicts over the capital, while stating that the new government will try to enter Tripoli in the most peaceful way.
Mitig noted in an interview with BBC that more than 52 militias have sent support messages of the political agreement and the unity government to the United Nations. “We aren’t talking about groups in East, especially Haftar”, he added.
Deputy PM asserted that the government will try to enter the capital, Tripoli, in the most peaceful way.
Forming the Government of National Accord that headed by Fayez Al-Sarraj was one result of signing the political agreement in Skhirat on Thursday. The government term is one year and its headquarters will be in Tripoli as stipulated in the agreement.
Mitig excluded fears of further splits and battles over the capital, as results of signing the political agreement saying that the government assures everyone that all are parts of Libya and all shall be united and peace brought to all Libyan cities
Last year, Libya witnessed a battle between two rival parliaments and their governments over the international recognition and the country’s resources.
“The international community must only work with this government”, Mitig elaborated. “Some radical groups would make it look like there is another government and other institutions in Libya”.
“The United Nations and the Libyan delegations did a lot since one year to come up with this signing we hope and think will end division” Mitig said.
He considered the exclusive international recognition to the Government of National Accord, as vital to rebuilding the Libyan institution, especially the Army and fighting terrorism acts all over the country.
Mitig’s worst fear. as mentioned in the interview, was splitting Libya that he referred to as one state for all people.
“We have a common enemy now; the Islamic State group (IS)’s present in Sirte, and we all should unite to fight it” he said.